The list of headphones selling brands and models is endless and has brands like Bose, Sony, HyperX, and Sennheiser in it.
Before you start looking for the right headphones, we’ll tell you everything you need to know.
We’re sure this guide will help you find the perfect headphones to fit your favorite genre, regardless of where you prefer to listen to music.
What Should You Consider When Buying A Headphone?
Different types of headphones are available with different shapes and sizes, as well as connection types. Headphones primarily come in four kinds: over-ear, on-ear, in-ear, and true wireless earbuds. To help you narrow your search, we’ll describe the pros and cons of each headphone type, as well as their best use cases.
Over-Ear Headphones are the largest category on the market. They provide lasting comfort as they cover your entire ear. Additionally, there are two categories of headphones: open-back and closed-back.
Closed-Back Headphones – Closed-back headphones consist of sealed ear cups that prevent sound from escaping and muffled. In addition, they provide excellent noise isolation. We recommend buying closed-back headphones for those of you seeking headphones to isolate yourself from the world around them.
Open-Back Headphones – These headphones feature earcups with tiny openings so that users can hear their music in a naturally flowing manner. To prevent pressure build-up and echoes inside the headphones, the air is allowed to pass through the ear cups. Open-back headphones are best for users who prefer a clearer, more natural sound.
The disadvantage of open-back headphones is that they allow external sounds and noise to enter, which may bother you if you are a fan of noise isolation.
- Powerful bass
- The large drivers provide great sound
- Largest batteries available
- Noise-isolating over-the-ear headphones come in closed-back designs
- Comfortable to use for a long time
- The least portable
- Create heat on the ears
- More expensive than usual
On-the-ear headphones place the sound directly onto the surface of your ear, rather than covering the entire ear. In comparison with over-ear headphones, they are lighter and more portable.
It is more convenient and comfortable to wear headphones instead of over-the-ear headphones for most people. Additionally, on-ear headphones can also be classified as closed-back or open-back headphones, but they most often let sound escape since they do not completely seal your ears.
- Portable than over-the-ear headphones
- Compared to over-ear headphones, they produce lesser heat on the ears
- Provide poor sound isolation
- It may be uncomfortable for the ears (the pressure or pinching).
Headphones that sit inside the ear are commonly referred to as in-ear headphones. Portable, lightweight, and easy to carry, they are a great option. With smartphones and portable media players, in-ear headphones are one of the most popular choices. In-ear monitors and headphones can be classified according to their fit.
In-Ear Monitors (IEMs) – In-ear monitors provide superior sound isolation and a more comfortable fit than earbuds since they are designed to fit into your ears.
Earbuds – Earbuds cannot be inserted into the ear canal as an in-ear monitor can, as they rest on the outside of the ear. Also, they offer poor sound isolation as external noises and sounds cannot be blocked.
IEMs and earbuds both come in an ear clip and a neckband design.
- They are lightweight and portable for their size
- IEMs provide excellent noise isolation
- Running and gym-friendly
- Easily tangled wires
- It is easy to lose
- Generally, sound quality is affected by the size
Wired or Wireless Headphones
These days, both wireless and wired headphones are available in the market. Wireless and wired headphones are categorized based on whether or not they have wires.
Wired headphones are the type of headphones that almost every one of us has used at some point. Due to its direct connection with the device, the wired Headphone offers you better audio.
In the past, wired headphones were the most popular option. With time, wired headphone technology has developed a lot. Nowadays, wired headphones come in many colors and patterns offering excellent sound and design.
- It is highly compatible to use wired headphones
- Batteries are not required
- The main disadvantage of wired headphones is that you have to stick to your device
Typical wireless models use Bluetooth to connect to smartphones, laptops, and even some TVs, which have a range of up to 30 feet. With the abandonment of the headphone jack by most manufacturers, wireless models have become indispensable in recent years.
A variety of features are available, including support for Alexa and other digital assistants, and ambient noise monitoring functions, which allow even background noise to be detected so you can keep a close eye on your environment.
- It’s hassle-free; no cables
- Durable and comfortable
- Ideal for running, working out, or traveling
- Pricey compared to a wired one
- If the battery runs out, it must be recharged
The sound quality of the headphones is the most important factor to consider. Headphone users’ preferences can vary, so this depends on personal preference. It is important to consider features that may affect the audio experience, just as it is important to evaluate the sound quality better. Let’s review each one.
Noise-canceling headphones reduce external noises, resulting in a more comfortable listening experience. During normal operation, noise-canceling headphones produce sound frequencies that isolate the user from outside disturbances.
With surround sound headphones, you can enjoy the same experience as in a movie theatre. The multiple speakers in surround sound headphones enhance the listening experience by projecting sound from multiple angles.
With stereo sound-enhanced headphones, you listen to music in a better and more immersive manner. In both ear cups, they feature separate channels that create dimension. In one ear cup, you may hear guitar strings, while in the other, a violin.
If your headphones have more drivers, they will produce better sound quality. You hear sounds through your headphones due to the driver.
A large driver is usually considered superior. The headphones may not be able to support high-frequency sounds, muting the sound. Hence, some brands offer separate drivers for high-frequency sounds in their headphones.
These headphones can reproduce different tones accurately. It may be useful for people who enjoy bassier headphones to purchase some that will be tuned to lower frequencies. A higher frequency response may be preferable to those who wish to enjoy a balance between treble and bass.
In the same way that each person has a signature, every pair of headphones has a unique sound signature. Every pair of headphones has a specific way of producing sound. Heavy bass headphones better enhance the lower frequency ranges. Similarly, high-frequency sounds are enhanced by headphones with a sharp treble. Sound signatures represent these sound styles.
Here are some examples of sound signatures most commonly used: High Treble, High Bass, V-Shaped, Balanced, And Warm.
The usage of the headphones is another essential factor to consider when choosing the best headphones. Various types of headphones are suitable for different purposes.
Taking a walk, playing music, watching videos, or talking on the phone.
Sports And Fitness
Music is an essential component for people who are fitness freaks as it can enhance their mental strength and provide them with enthusiasm. In that case, you will need to choose the headphones that match your personality well.
If I am understanding you correctly, then this is something every sportsperson must keep in mind when buying headphones.
- To prevent them from needing adjustment, again and again, your headphones must fit well in your ears.
- Consider your smart device’s compatibility when purchasing.
- If the headphones are equipped with biometric technology, you can monitor your hearts beat.
- While buying headphones, you must keep a reflective cord in mind if you run at night or exercise.
- The headphones have controls that you should pay close attention to.
- Furthermore, the ability to resist water is essential since headphones can’t be kept separate from water.
- Lastly, you need the best bass to stay motivated to exercise.
The best soul mate of the traveling enthusiast is music. It is not a secret, however, that loud music will annoy your traveling companions. Thus, you must purchase a pair of headphones.
These points may prove useful if you are already in search of one.
- Because you cannot load bulky headphones along with your luggage, your choices of headphones must be light in weight.
- For the safety of your equipment, it is also critical to consider the folding capacity. Foldable headphones can easily be tucked into luggage.
- If you intend to buy the best headphones for your travel needs, sound isolation is another important feature to consider.
- Portable headphones are also important so that you can enjoy the full experience with your companion.
Gameplay can be incomplete without the right audio or sound when entering the virtual world. To make gaming more enjoyable, you must purchase the most fitting headphones for your head so that you can achieve good results. See below for more information.
- As you walk in the virtual world with the headphones on high volume, you are no longer aware of reality.
- Gaming headphones must also have good and high-quality bass because that can enhance the experiences and can help you to win the match.
- Moreover, “over-ear” headphones can be excellent for more effective and entertaining gaming.
On this page, you can find the best headphones for professionals. With the right guidance, you can pick the best pair for yourself.
- If you are a musician, investing in large ear cups that fit properly is your best option.
- You may also choose a “closed-back” style, which allows you to isolate the noise outside and keep your music private by blocking out the external voices.
- Most audiophiles prefer open-back headphones because they produce better sound by delivering flatter tones and minimizing background noise.
The best headphones for private use allow you not to compromise your entertainment due to your heavy schedule, so you do not have to give up entertainment to keep your things private. Take a look at these points before buying work assistive headphones.
- Your headphones can be friendly to you even at work thanks to the best noise cancellation technology.
- For your hairstyle to stay beautiful and coordinated, you can’t ruin it. So you can try the behind-the-neck headphones or In-Ear headphones as well.
- Additionally, you should pay attention to the sound quality. In some situations, the music from your headphones may disturb your partners, which is never cool.
The microphone that comes with some headphones enables you to take calls through them. We recommend you buy headphones with built-in microphones if you are looking for remote working or gaming headphones. Microphones are installed differently in different headphones. In some headphones, where the microphone is installed on the wire, many headphones have the microphone built-in, invisible to the naked eye. For gaming, extended microphone headphones are ideal.
In these modern times, many headphones come with built-in voice assistants, such as Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, and Apple Siri. Voice assistants can be used to initiate tasks, play music, ask questions, and a lot more than you can imagine.
The battery life is the most important consideration when choosing wireless headphones. Bluetooth headphones can last up to 25 hours, while wireless earbuds typically last 5 to 8 hours. It depends on your needs whether you choose earphones or earbuds.
You can connect the headphone with your device by two methods
3.5 mm jacks are commonly found on headphones that will connect with your device that has a 3.5 mm input. Lightning to a 3.5 mm converter or a USB Type-C to 3.5 mm converter might be needed if your device does not have a 3.5 mm audio input.
Durability Or Build Quality
There’s no doubt about this one. It is vital to consider the durability of headphones before making a purchasing decision. To ensure your headphones can withstand everyday wear and tear, ensure that they have the following features:
- Durable material, premium quality, and lightweight
- To prevent bending or breakage of wires, use wires with rubber covers that are properly installed
- Water resistance, moisture resistance, and dust resistance
If you go swimming or you live in a place with unpredictable weather, waterproof headphones may be the best choice. The IPX5, IPX6, IPX7, or IPX8 rating indicates that the headphones are waterproof.
These headphones are constructed of water- and sweat-resistant materials. Therefore, they are most suitable for running and exercising. There are four ratings for water-resistant headphones: IPX1, IPX2, IPX3, and IPX4.
Especially if you are purchasing headphones to use while traveling or while gaming, ensure they are comfortable. Make sure the headphones have an adjustable headband, and that the earpads are of high quality. You should also make sure the earpads are sweat and water-resistant to protect your ears from overheating in the hot summer months.
In-built Volume and Play Control
Music players, pausers, and changers prefer not to have to constantly touch their devices. Further, users prefer not to go to their devices to adjust the volume every time.
In most headphones, you will find both volume and play control buttons in the ear cup. There are typically several buttons with these controls, including the volume controls, ‘Pause’, ‘Next’, ‘Previous’, and ‘Up’ and ‘Down’ while playing a track.
The buttons for ‘Play’ and ‘Pause’ can be found on some headphones; others feature separate buttons for each. You can also use the play button to answer calls.
With wireless headphones, the buttons are often found on an ear-cup that is large enough for the buttons to fit.
Conclusion | Best Headphones Buying Guide In India 2022
This is a guide for choosing the best headphones. This lesson taught you a lot about headphones.
We recommend reading the reviews of every headphone you are considering buying. Choosing your headphone based on their reviews is a good option if you get positive feedback.
The reviews you read should come from people who have actually purchased and used the headphones.
Let us know if there are any issues by leaving a comment below.